admin May 27, 2020

WHO warns of ‘second peak’ in areas where COVID-19 declining
SAN SALVADOR (Reuters) – Salvadoran President Nayib Bukele said on Tuesday he takes hydroxychloroquine, an antimalarial drug that U.S. President Donald Trump has promoted as a way to ward off the novel coronavirus, though experts have warned about its safety.
Bukele told reporters that El Salvador was not promoting it anymore as a treatment, following the recommendation of the World Health Organization, though patients would still be able to take it as a preventative measure if they wished.
“I use it as a prophylaxis, President Trump uses it as a prophylaxis, most of the world’s leaders use it as a prophylaxis,” Bukele said.
Bukele’s forceful response to the coronavirus, including moving to extend a national state of emergency without congressional approval, has prompted criticism that the 38-year-old has shown authoritarian tendencies and exceeded his powers.
Speaking at an event with Bukele, the U.S. ambassador to El Salvador, Ronald Johnson, suggested that he approved of the leader’s handling of the pandemic.
“I believe that in crisis situations, oftentimes people must give up a little bit of their freedoms in order to favor the rights and freedoms of the majority and of the whole,” he said.
(Reporting by Nelson Renteria; writing by Julia Love; Editing by Robert Birsel)
Singapore Residents Discovering Ma Quotes
Looking for an upsized family home?
COURTS Month End Sale Ends In 4 days
TOKYO (AP) — Japanese police on Wednesday arrested a suspect in the deadly arson at a Kyoto anime studio last year after he recovered enough from his own severe burns to respond to the police investigation. Kyoto police said they arrested Shinji Aoba, 42, on murder and arson allegations, 10 months after obtaining the warrant because they had to wait for Aoba to recover. Police also reportedly waited to arrest him until Japan’s coronavirus…
A decade after billions of dollars were wired to Swiss banks, the country is holding its first trial into whether a local banker failed to stop a $700 million transfer into an account controlled by Low Taek Jho, the alleged mastermind behind the 1MDB scandal.
(ATTN: ADDS more info in paras 5-6, 12-13, 17-18) SEOUL, May 26 (Yonhap) — South Korea’s virus fight appears to be dragging on as sporadic outbreaks tied to an infection cluster in Seoul’s nightlife district of Itaewon continued ahead of another phase of school reopening. The 19 new cases, with 16 being local infections, raised South Korea’s total coronavirus caseload to 11,225, according to the Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
The industry is said to suffer further losses if suspension extends beyond 2 June. The Institute of Estate Agents (IEA) has appealed to Minister for Trade and Industry Chan Chun Sing to allow potential tenants to physically view vacant property units starting 2 June. IEA said landlords and owners, as well as property agents will suffer further losses if the suspension of physical viewings continues beyond 2 June. The group received feedback from…